As September draws near and the weather begins to change we are quickly reminded that summer is coming to a close and the back-to-school season is upon us. Whether you graduated from your school this past May or 15 years ago, this time of year is a great opportunity to reminisce on your past accomplishments and reconnect with your alumni community.
Here are some great tips for reconnecting with your fellow graduates and how Brandman University offers opportunities for its network to engage in them:
1 - Join Your Alumni Association
The first step in staying connected is by joining your school's alumni association. Your alumni association is a great resource to keep current with what’s happening in the community and offers ways that you can get involved. As a member you'll receive special benefits reserved only for alumni.
Brandman University Alumni Association member benefits include:
- Alumni Newsletter – The Illuminator – Access to relevant articles, events and more.
- Alumni Benefits Card – Used for exclusive discounts on auto insurance, retailers and restaurants.
- Career Development – Continue to have direct access to exclusive resources through Brandman's Office of Career Services.
- Mentoring Programs – Become a mentor or find a mentor, there are always new opportunities to learn from fellow professionals.
- Networking Opportunities – Face-to-face and online networking opportunities let you foster strong, valuable relationships with others.
2 - Join Your Alumni Group On LinkedIn
Another great way to reconnect and stay connected is by exploring and participating in your school's social media outlets. Brandman University is active in many channels and even has an alumni group on LinkedIn. This group provides a forum for Brandman alumni to start discussions, ask questions, share success stories and network with fellow alumni.
Some ways you can maximize your Alumni group on LinkedIn:
- Start Discussions – Introduce yourself to the group by sharing your goals and interests.
- Share Content – Share articles, posts and jobs relevant to your business or industry.
- Make Connections – Send messages or connection requests to other LinkedIn members to build your network.
3 - Reconnect Face-To-Face At Alumni Events
Technology is a beautiful thing and it allows us to stay connected no matter where we are on the globe, however, there is nothing more rewarding than making a personal, face-to-face connection with an old friend, fellow classmate or impactful professor. Alumni events are a wonderful opportunities to reconnect.
Many colleges and universities also have reunions for their graduates to mingle and celebrate the communities they belong to. Brandman University for example is hosting an all class reunion for all students since its founding in 1958 this fall. Contact your school's alumni office to ask about upcoming events and reunions.
We hope this back to school season brings you fond memories and we encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities to reconnect. You never know where your new connections may lead you.